While I ate this as it was, you could serve this over rice or another grain for a more filling meal. I was simply too lazy (and hungry!) to take the time to make rice.
Spicy Shrimp & Snap PeasYield: 2
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 oz finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- ½ tsp five-spice powder
- ½ tsp dried minced garlic
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp Aleppo pepper
- 8 oz trimmed fresh snap peas
- 8 oz thawed frozen cooked shrimp [domestic, if you can find it, to avoid supporting slave labor]
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes until tender.
- Stir in soy sauce and seasonings. Add sugar snap peas and stir to coat well. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook, stirring often, 1 or 2 minutes or just until shrimp is heated through (you don't want tough shrimp).
- Adjust seasonings as desired.