The melon and strawberries are actually leftover from a party tray ... after three days, the melon was just on the edge of overripeness and the strawberries, a bit watery and blah to begin with, were now decidedly meh. Combine them with lime, mint, and a little agave, and suddenly they're splendid!
Hooray! No wasted fruit and I can cuddle up under my fleecy blanket with a big bowl of this and pretend it is spring.
Refreshing Mint & Melon Salad
Yield: 1-3, depending on greed
- 2 cups quartered strawberries
- 2 cups diced honeydew melon
- 1 Tbsp chiffonade of mint leaves
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Zest of ½ a lime
- 1 tsp light agave or runny honey
- Add strawberries, melon, mint to a medium serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, zest, and agave.
- Pour lime mixture over fruit and gently toss to combine.