This toast makes sweet, super-quick, and breakfast that will keep you going through the morning. It's important to use a well-toasted thick, hearty bread -- I used Silver Hills' high-fiber Sprouted Power Mack's Flax -- or it will be overwhelmed by the toppings and flop about when you try to pick it up. I mean ... I guess you could eat the toast with a knife and fork, but that kind-of defeats the purpose of toast, yes?
Fancy ToastYield: 1 or 2, depending on hunger
- 2 slices hearty whole-grain bread, toasted as you like
- 4 Tbsp soft, spreadable goat cheese [Vermont Creamery]
- ½ half peeled banana, sliced
- 2 Tbsp blueberries
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened flaked coconut [Bob's Red Mill]
- Honey, as needed
- Cinnamon, as needed
- Spread toast with goat cheese.
- Top with banana, blueberries, and coconut.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon as desired.
If you don't like goat cheese, ricotta or farmer's cheese would also work. And, obviously, pretty much any combination of fruits would be tasty!
For anyone new to my blog, the Improv Cooking Challenge is a monthly blog hop where two ingredients are assigned, participants must make a new-to-their-blog recipe using both ingredients, and publish a blog post about it on the third Thursday of the month. If you think that sounds like fun, click on the Improv Cooking Challenge logo below.